ERGONOMICS AWARENESS TRAINING
Ergonomics is the study of people at work. The workplace needs to design tasks, workspaces, controls, displays, tools, lighting, and equipment to ﬁt the employee.
Ergonomics in the workplace plays a very important role in the reduction of worker pain and suﬀering. The objective of this training is to provide people with the knowledge, and information to accomplish their job tasks safely to prevent a musculoskeletal injury.
- Injury statistics involving Musculoskeletal Disorders
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Ontario Legislation
- What is Ergonomics?
- Identifying Ergonomic Risks
- Work Related Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Recognizing Ergonomic Issues
- Injury Risk Factors
- Methods of Controlling Ergonomic Risks
- Video – Ministry of Labour Material Handling
- Knowledge Check (Quiz) at the end