Material Handling in Manufacturing
This program is highly informative for those individuals who may be thinking about a career in a manufacturing environment. Material handling has been around for over 100 years. Modern manufacturing facilities rely on innovative technologies and innovations to produce higher quality products at faster speeds with lower costs.
This program will give the trainee insight into the many diﬀerent ways that materials are received, handled, and shipped in manufacturing.
- Material Handling – What is it?
- Importance of Material Handling
- Objectives of Material Handling
- Scope of Material Handling
- Material Handling Principles
- Factors Aﬀecting selection of Material Handling Equipment
- Types of Material Handling Equipment
- New Technologies
- Technology Used to Process Orders – SAP (Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing)