Slips, Trips and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls can occur at home, at school, during recreational activities or in the workplace - basically anywhere inside or outside. Slips and trips result from unintended or an unexpected change in the contact between the feet and the ground or walking surface.
A fall can occur during walking or climbing a ladder to change a light ﬁxture, or as a result of a complex series of events.This training course looks at the causes of such incidents and how they can be prevented.
- Incident data – the frequency of slips, trips and falls
- Workplace responsibilities – employers, workers
- What do the Regulations and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) say about slips, trips and falls?
- Types of Injuries and the cost to the worker and the employer
- Causes of slip, trips and falls
- Prevention of slips, trips and falls