330 Laurier Blvd.
+1 613 345 1991
25 Railway St.
+1 613 546 6663
Quick LinksAll CoursesTrainingConsultingDOTAbout
Levac Supply LTD.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral composed of ﬂexible ﬁbers that are resistant to heat, electricity and corrosion. These qualities make the mineral useful. However, asbestos exposure is highly toxic. Asbestos causes mesothelioma, lung cancer and other cancers. This program is designed to aid individuals working on projects where they will be exposed to asbestos or where asbestos may be present. The training provides both workers and supervisors with knowledge of the regulations, their responsibilities to both themselves and others (workers/co-workers), including type of respirators and clothing requirements to keep workers safe. Each participant receives a copy of the Asbestos Regulation 278/05.
• Asbestos Regulation 278/05
• Asbestos Uses and Locations
• Health Eﬀects, Hazards and Controls
• Legislative Requirements and the Program
• Types of Respirators to be Used and Worn
• Type 1,2 and 3 Asbestos Removal Discussed