330 Laurier Blvd.
+1 613 345 1991
25 Railway St.
+1 613 546 6663
Levac Supply LTD.
This Sharps Safety Awareness training is a valuable session for anyone who may come in contact with or who works with sharps devices.
Needlestick (sharps) injuries can be serious and even fatal for workers who accidentally come in contact with them or who work with sharps as part of their day-to-day work.
Injuries from sharps devices, can expose workers to serious and potentially fatal infections from bloodborne pathogens. (e.g. Hep C or HIV/AIDS).
Besides Health Care - workers who may be at risk because of "downstream" exposures are those in waste management as well as the general public at large.
• How serious are needlestick injuries?
• Types of health issues associated with such injuries
• What to do when a worker has a needlestick injury
• Procedures for workers to follow to protect themselves
• Protection for workers
• Education and Training
• Recommendations for employers